Canadian Blood Services is continuing to urge all healthy eligible donors to book and keep appointments. The need is constant for blood, stem cells, plasma and organ and tissue donors. Your donation can help save a life.
More information on donating and COVID-19 is available at blood.ca/covid19. To make an appointment to donate, download the GiveBlood app, call 1 888 2 DONATE (1-888-236-6283) or book now at blood.ca.
As of March 16:
- Anyone asked by public health to place themselves under observation or self-quarantine are not allowed to donate for 14 days from the date of their last contact with a case or suspected case of COVID-19.
- Anyone with a case or suspected case in their household cannot donate for 14 days after the infected person’s recovery.
- Anyone with a confirmed case of COVID-19 are not allowed to donate for 56 days after full recovery from the infection.
- Donors who have recently travelled outside of Canada should call 1 888 2 DONATE (1-888-236-6283) when booking their appointment to confirm they are eligible.
- These measures help ensure donor centres remain islands of wellness within Canada’s health system. They are not places where sick people gather.