New Rules for Visiting Patients Nearing End of Life
- Patients will be permitted to designate two visitors to provide comfort and support.
- The two individuals selected will be the only visitors permitted and only one visitor is permitted at a time. No substitutions will be permitted.
- If a designated visitor, such as a frail, elderly spouse or person with a disability, requires a second person to support them, this person would count as the second chosen visitor.
- All designated visitors:
- Will be required to maintain physical distancing and limit their interactions with facility staff and the public.
- Must leave the patient’s room when staff are conducting procedures.
- Must monitor themselves for symptoms of COVID-19 and refrain from visiting should symptoms appear.
- Must follow facility rules regarding infection control for other viruses, such as influenza and the common cold.